Saturday, June 6, 2009

I want him to be my treasure...

What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord..." Philippians 3.8


I take this to mean that when I get a glimpse of Christ, because he is so infinitely beautiful and valuable, I will naturally give up anything that gets in the way of knowing Him better. Beholding Him is what dulls the power of this world around us. Gazing on Him is what releases us from this awareness of ourselves. Fixing our mind on Him is our only hope of being released from this unrelenting tyranny of self. I find that I spend too much time organizing sin and success in my life. I spend too much time thinking about, well, me. I want what Paul had. I want to be sooooo distracted by the beauty of Christ that I actually forget about myself altogether. 


Is it possible? Is it attainable?


I think it is the goal, the prize, the point. I want to know Christ. I want to become, beautifully unaware.

1 comment:

Dana {Sew Thrifty} said...

love your blog! Found you from Faith's site and love how you can make connections from the real world to your relationship with Christ. Love it.
And I also like that you don't like wallpaper. :)

Dana