Saturday, June 27, 2009

Distracted

God of everything I see, Come create again in me. You were yesterday, and You will always be. So take each breath that I breathe, and be the life that I bleed. Create again in me...

The past month has been interesting.

Blessings: made some awesome new friends who I instantly bonded with, got a job, saw Aaron, have had a lot of free time to spend with the Lord.

However, I feel like I've been distracted. I stopped working out as consistently as I used to, I've started spending more and more time with people that I probably shouldn't.

Some days, I feel so content with my relationship with God. I can't even explain it. But somehow, negative thoughts creep in and bring me down. I'm training myself not to dwell on those things, rather on "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Paul always gives great advice.

I really wanna see Robbie Seay in concert on Sunday. I need to be in a place of corporate worship soon. That's when I feel closest to God.

I feel like I've been spending a lot of time in the Word lately, but I feel like the more I draw near to Him the farther I feel away from him. Does that make sense? The more I learn about His compassion, grace, and mercy the more clearly can I feel the depth of our fall and the weight of it all.

Well, it's getting late, and I have to go in to work in 6 hrs. I should try to rest.

My favorite Psalm....

You are kind, God! Please have pity on me. You are always merciful! Please wipe away my sins. Wash me clean from all of my sin and guilt. I know about my sins, and I cannot forget my terrible guilt. You are really the one I have sinned against; I have disobeyed you and have done wrong. So it is right and fair for you to correct and punish me.I have sinned and done wrong since the day I was born. But you want complete honesty, so teach me true wisdom. Wash me with hyssop until I am clean and whiter than snow. Let me be happy and joyful! You crushed my bones, now let them celebrate. Turn your eyes from my sin and cover my guilt. Create pure thoughts in me and make me faithful again. Don't chase me away from you or take your Holy Spirit away from me. Make me as happy as you did when you saved me; make me want to obey! I will teach sinners your Law, and they will return to you. Keep me from any deadly sin. Only you can save me! Then I will shout and sing about your power to save. Help me to speak, and I will praise you, Lord. Offerings and sacrifices are not what you want. The way to please you is to feel sorrow deep in our hearts. This is the kind of sacrifice you won't refuse.

Please pray for me! My prayer is the same as David's "create pure thoughts in me, and make me faithful again....Make me as happy as you did when you saved me; make me want to obey!"

No comments: