Friday, January 30, 2009

25 random "Mayra facts"

Please join the club!

I would love to learn more about YOU!

1. If I'm out during the evening I look for the moon, stare at the stars and tell God that's he's beautiful.

2. I like to blog, a lot.

3. i secretly want Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears to get back together =)

4. Corporate Worship helps me feel closer to God.

5. I love listening to classical music.

6. I prefer Facebook and Twitter over Myspace.

7. "when i grow up" I would love to be involved with Christian Concerts (in some form or fashion). For now, I'll volunteer =)

8. I don't sleep very much.

9. I love warm weather

10. I love hanging out with my friends. I especially love it when we just sit around and praise God..too bad Abby no longer has her guitar =( .

11. I'm very empathetic

12. I collect crosses and Frank Capra movies

13. I love drinking hot tea. My favorite is peppermint with honey.

14. I long to travel the world alone, and stay in random hostels, but I'm not brave enough.

15. I'm awesome at Monopoly...I NEVER lose. I'm also pretty passionate about Taboo, and think Catchphrase is really unfair.

16. My favorite show EVER is Felicity. If I ever have a baby girl I wanna name her that.

17. The most useful advice I have ever gotten is to never stop preaching the love of God to myself... over and over, day in day out....

18. I truly believe that "We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace." I'm sorry if i have ever offended and left a bad trace. i also wanna take the time to apologize for other Christians who may have offended you and made you think that our "religion" is for hypocrites. I love you. I'm sorry that we have sinned against you. Please don't judge our beautiful Lord based on a few.

19. I learned the hard way that God's way is the best way. All other roads lead to pain and heartache.

20. I've also learned that time heals all wounds.

21. I miss the Piney Woods of East Texas. One day I wanna move to the country. Aww, thinking of Nacogdoches makes me wanna cry..haha. Axe Em Jacks!

22. Being a History major is really tough because historians claim they can disprove Christianity. Sometimes, they provide pretty convincing evidence, but when I feel myself falling into that trap I remind myself that "i am not skilled to understand" and I pray. I believe EXACTLY what the Bible says. I still believe Genesis 6-9 and don't care what you claim to prove with the Epic of Gilgamesh. Ohh, I could go on and on but I won't! haha.

23. My favorite smells include cinnamon, apple, vanilla, freshly cut grass, lemon, pine sol and clean laundry.

24. I have to have a blanket covering me while I sleep!

25. A lot of people have told me that if I had a reality show they would watch it!

1 comment:

Melody Joy King said...

I enjoyed reading your 25 things and discovered we have some things in common! :0). Hope all is well, God Bless!