Friday, December 12, 2008

You've Captured My Heart

Thank you for proving to me that You are everything that you say you are. Oh my Lord, you heard me begging You for mercy. Thank you so much for not letting this semester go to waste! I love you so much.

This semester was tough.
A million things weighed me down.
I was a mistress
I chased after lovers that didn't satisfy
But You helped me find Micah 7:8: Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the LORD is a light for me.
It became my battle cry.
Thank you for the scriptures you have given me to memorize
Thank you for helping me cut through deceptions
with the Sword of the Spirit.

I will never stop preaching Your love to myself.

Over and over, day in and day out.....
I will praise you with an upright heart
as I learn your righteous laws.
I will hide your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
preserve my life according to your word.
Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light for my path.
Direct my footsteps according to your word;
let no sin rule over me.

You showed me how much you loved me after I begged you for a sign.
You saw me on my knees begging and crying for you to turn to me, begging you to shine your light on me.
Thank you for giving me the affirmation I was searching for.
Thank you for showing me that You love me in such a tangible way.

You are so beautiful.... I am at a loss for words...

I ALWAYS wanna feel like this. I wish I could bottle up everything that I'm feeling and take a swig of it when I'm weary.

One day I will feel like this for all eternity.


I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene,
And wonder how He could love me,
A sinner, condemned, unclean.
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
Is my Savior's love for me!

1 comment:

Aaron Shust said...

Hey, Happy New Year To you too! hope you made it back into the country okay. :) thx for the card! you rock
a