Saturday, August 30, 2008

Wow

So I just read the following marriage proposal and it made me cry. I'm not kidding....

I pulled out a scrap book that I had made, chronologically walking her through our entire
relationship. We slowly went through all hundred pictures or so, stopping only 
to dance and once to wash her feet. As the last page turned,
I filled a glass of wine and then read to her Jesus' words to his disciples.
"this is my covenant with you, take and drink."

Because, if you know anything about marriage proposals in Jesus' time, then
you'd know that this is exactly how a young suitor would propose to his bride-to-be.
He'd fill a cup with wine, take a drink, and then offer his cup and covenant to his beloved.
And so that it is what I did.
And now, by the grace of God, 
I'm going to love one woman for the rest of my life.
For the rest of my human experience, until death do us part,
I will love her, as I have been loved.
"as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her."

That is what I intend to do anyway,
what I hope to do.
To love her as Christ has loved me.
Overwhelmingly,
Sacrificially,
Purely.  

That is so beautiful. 
I pray that one day I will find a man like that 

No comments: